Monday, May 31, 2021

The Sweet Things Ellie Says

 I've been storing the sweet things Ellie says in my mind and decided there is no time like the present to be sure to capture them before she says something else which I'm sure won't be long :-)  

Just now, she's showering from a full wonderful day with family and playing Better Place. I peaked in to tell her I love her so much, and she said, "Mom, I've been thinking about this little sentence in my head--- Nothing is perfect, except LIFE." Such a tender moment to have her share what was happening in her mind at that moment as she was listening to the song we both love. Ellie often shrugs things off that could be stressful and reminds, "It doesn't have to be perfect". Yesterday when she said this, I felt like saying "Nothing is perfect except my love for you" but decided not to confuse her flow with not being perfectionistic. I felt so in tune when she busted out with this big picture appreciation for LIFE on this gorgeous Memorial Day. 

Leading up to Mother's Day, Ellie was making a card daily. She was proud of herself and explained she'd made 8 cards because there were so many nice things she wanted to say about me.  Geez, Ellie. That's just so sweet to hear as a mama.

And the third memory to capture... few weeks ago, JC and I had the joy of watching our twin nieces graduate from high school in Florida. The morning of their special day, I was walking through their hallway looking at pictures from over the years and remembering their Christening in Norway. I felt that pit of the stomach feeling of the passage of time.  When I came home I gave Ellie some extra hugs and shared I was feeling a bit emotional about them growing up. She comforted me and so wisely said, "Don't worry, I am each age for a whole year" and somehow this was just the perfect reminder I needed. It feels fleeting and yet each age truly is exactly a year and each is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment