Thursday, April 14, 2016

Addie with a huge grin--- "I still can't believe it!"

Was stuck behind the bus watching the kiddos get off hoping to catch Addie and Samie's glance so they would know I was there but then I saw Addie getting off the bus met by cheers from kids and adults alike-- watch out it's the WINNER of the third grade STEM project. In Addie's world, it was the closest to a celebrity she's ever felt.

All evening she kept saying, "I still can't believe it. I can't believe I won." I guess when they announced the winners, her entire class cheered to have the winning student in their room and hugs were flowing. Addie says she clung so long to her teacher that she finally needed to say it was time to let go. :-) Samantha was equally thrilled to be the sister of the first place name announced over the load speaker! I love this about Samantha, by the way, the easy flow of joy for others.

I just had to capture this moment as a mama... so so happy that our sweet, innovative Addie got to have of of those Cloud 9 moments and that I got to watch part of it. And boy, nothing makes an accomplishment sweeter than to celebrate it with friends. Thanks to everyone who cheered our girl today and made a lasting memory.


Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment