Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The City Dog and the Country Frog

Hi friends, family and self:

I hope to be better again about journaling through the blog and sharing pictures, but work has picked up speed (which is overall a great thing)! I do have to share a sweet moment from this morning.

Last night we read a book Aunt Judy sent the girls for Christmas. It's called the City Dog and the Country Frog and it follows the friendship of a frog and a dog that comes to the countryside from the city, once each season. In spring and summer, they have a marvelous time frolicking about but as winter comes along, the frog is not there waiting for its faithful friend. Then, spring comes and the City Dog makes friends with a country CHIPMUNK :-) ...

Anyway, it had me in tears remembering times at my grandma's farm in Illinois and missing my grandmother, and it was a nice way to touch on these topics with Addie. She loved the story. She wanted to know where the frog was and in my attempt to not avoid an important topic, I said it seemed the frog has passed away.

This morning she asked again and before I could answer she explained that she thought the frog was under the snow hanging out. She then went on to explain that the reason Great Grandma Snell passed away was because she was old (not little) and that the frog couldn't have passed away because it wasn't big yet. At which point, I said, I think you're right. I think the frog is just hiding and will be back soon!

XOXO
Me

2 comments: