Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Little girls, little girls, everywhere I turn

JC didn't technically write this for our blog. It was in an email exchange with friends, but I had to capture it cuz he's the best girl dad ever.

...I am so deep into bows, princesses, care bears, pink, dresses, Tinker-bell, and the like I barely recognize my manliness anymore. The only thing close to a male in my house is Austin, a castrated bulldog.  I sometimes find myself humming a song from Annie (a movie I had not seen as of a year ago and now I have seen 100+ times) that goes "little girls, little girls, Everywhere I turn I see them." But, I'm loving it...

He forgot to metion that he's also deep into Addie loving stink bugs, bike riding, raking leaves, and trips together to the hardware store. Not that I put any thought into this gender role stuff :-)

2 comments: